facebook

CodeMix – Unable to write into workspace configuration file because the file…

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

christopher-pollati
    Participant

I get a message when starting Eclipse 2020-03, which says:

“Unable to write into workspace configuration file because the file is dirty. Please save it and try again”. If I click on the “Open Workspace Configuration” button, nothing appears or comes up.

#659509 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello Christopher!

Thanks for contacting us. You can try to open the settings file by going to Window > Preferences and then navigate to CodeMix > Extensions. At the top right, you should see a button (file icon) which tooltip reads “Open Settings Json”. Click the button and it should open the file. It’s possible that it is malformed or something. Can you share it?

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#659518 Reply

christopher-pollati
    Participant

If I hover over the icon, I don’t see a tooltip, and if I click on it, it doesn’t do anything.

I’m on a Mac if that helps.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #659522 Reply

Aaron Lara

Thanks for the ScreenShots! Can you also share your workspaces’s error log? it should be at workspace dir/.metadata/.log.

#659529 Reply

christopher-pollati
    Participant

Attached is a log. I clicked on Workspace Configuration and then Open Setting Json button.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #659645 Reply

Aaron Lara

Thanks for the logs. It looks like CodeMix can’t access the file. Can you check if you have this file in your workspace? <workspaceDir>/codemix.code-workspace

If you do, can you share it’s content here?

Additionally, you could just try to use a different workspace directory and see if it works better there. You might need to import your projects from your older workspace. At least this will let us know if it’s workspace related.

#659719 Reply

christopher-pollati
    Participant

I checked the workspace, and I did here’s the contents of codemix.code-workspace:

{
      "folders": [

],
      "settings": {
        "as3mxml.sdk.framework": "/Applications/Apache Flex/SDKs/4.16.1-AIR32",
        "editor.detectIndentation": false,
        "javascript.referencesCodeLens.enabled": true,
        "typescript.implementationsCodeLens.enabled": true,
        "typescript.referencesCodeLens.enabled": true,
        "omnisharp.enableRoslynAnalyzers": true,
        "omnisharp.enableEditorConfigSupport": true,
        "editor.quickSuggestions": {
          "other": true,
          "comments": true,
          "strings": true
        }
      }
    }

I tried removing in, and I get the same error message, and cannot use the Open Settings button. The file that is generated when restarting without the file contains this:

{
      "folders": [

]
    }

#659734 Reply

Aaron Lara

Thanks for sharing the file content. IThe format itself looks correct. I assume your second example is once you select a different workspace, as folders would list the corresponding directories for each of your projects. Is this assumption correct?

Can you verify you have read and write permissions for your workspace directory?

If you have some time it would be useful to gather more information via live chat. You can open it by doing help > CodeMix > Live Chat.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: CodeMix – Unable to write into workspace configuration file because the file…

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in