facebook

CodeMix Unpredictable when CPU is busy

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

myronuecker
    Participant

I have been running into a bunch of random issues when my system becomes busy, such as when my gradle build is running, or Eclipse is syncing builds. When that happens I don’t know what keystrokes will actually get applied, or where they will get applied. I have seen the cursor jump to places other than where I clicked with my mouse. I have seen where keystrokes get ignored, then suddenly applied. I have seen keystrokes get applied to the wrong line entirely. Cut and Paste are really bad in this situation as they may just randomly insert into the file.

This basically means that if Eclipse is busy, etc. I cannot do any work on a file managed by CodeMix.

This topic was linked to an Issue on May 11, 2018 at 12:14 am
    #585475 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Myron,

This is a serious issue – can’t say we’ve seen this locally, not just during testing, but in everyday development as well. We’ll try running some specially loaded scenarios to see if we can replicate.

1) Don’t think this is editor specific, but let us know what editor you are experiencing this in.
    2) We put out a release today which did have some editor synch fixes (though none that specifically address the problems you mention) – is this build any better?
    3) Is Eclipse otherwise responsive during this time? In other words, can you easily switch between editors and views? And when it comes to typing, I’m assuming the UI remains responsive / receptive to typing during these times, unlike an app that has moved to a “Non Responding” state where you clearly can’t interact with it?

#585512 Reply

myronuecker
    Participant

Yesterday I was messing around with gradle build files, so it was generally the groovy editor with Eclipse doing builds in the background. I could move between editors at will and the rest of the application was responding. I don’t think I tried editing any files not managed by CodeMix.

I have seen this type of behavior other times as well, it is just difficult to narrow down exactly what specifically causes it.

#585998 Reply

support-swapna

Myron,

The reported issue has been logged in our issue tracker – see the top of this thread for a link. Feel free to vote-up this issue, as well as others you find important!
    https://www.genuitec.com/go/codemix-top-issues

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: CodeMix Unpredictable when CPU is busy

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in