facebook

CodeMix Update Issue

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

eric.r.glass
    Participant

The recent update is failing causing CodeMix to be unusable. It appears that an artifact is missing from the update site. See the attached screen shot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #616447 Reply

support-swapna

Eric,

Sorry that you are seeing this problem.

1. Are you behind a firewall or proxy?

2. Can you please check if you can download the said jar to your machine without any problem? : http://updates-cdn.genuitec.com/codemix/updates/cm20190619b/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.code_3.2.0.201906181919.jar

3. Go to Preferences > Install/Update > Available Software Sites, and look for the CodeMix site there. Select it and hit “Reload”. Now restart Eclipse and try to install again from Help > Check for Updates, there could be a corrupt cache that this should fix.

4. If the above suggestion does not work, then as an alternative, you can paste the file you downloaded into your Eclipse installation’s plugins (you’ll see a number of other jar files there). Now start Eclipse, and attempt the installation again from Help > Check for Updates, it should now skip downloading this file.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how you get on with it.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#616452 Reply

eric.r.glass
    Participant

None of that worked. Our corporate security (Zscaler) is blocking the file, because it has identified it containing the threat: Sandbox Malware

Please try to make sure that there is no Malware in the JAR and let me know when it is safe to download.

Thank you.

#616461 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Eric,

There is no malware in the JAR, and it is safe to download.

We tried to find out more about, the “Sandbox Malware”, detection by ZScaler, but could not find any info online, unfortunately. It certainly appears to be a generic label given to files that might exhibit certain behavioral characteristics, such as one which makes network connections, attempts IPC, or executes external programs – all of which CodeMix needs to do to function. It is somewhat normal for scanners with overly strict settings to flag files like this.

Here’s the same file scanned by a number of other detectors: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/5a88b38351d6f5c09319f55419093322b8ee6895bb49e9b923f648b6a6c3748d/detection

I would recommend talking to your security team about adding an exception for the file, or whitelisting the URL as described here: https://help.zscaler.com/zia/whitelisting-urls

Do let us know if you require further information or we can assist in any way.

#616474 Reply

eric.r.glass
    Participant

Fortunately, corporate gave me instructions on how to temporarily bypass Zscaler and that worked. I am hoping in the future that corporate does not take that away, so that I can install future CodeMix updates.

Thanks for all of your feedback.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: CodeMix Update Issue

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in