facebook

CodeMix / VueJS not offering auto-complete within template

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ssadedin3
    Participant

Once upon a time when I first tried CodeMix it offered me autocomplete of Vuetify components which was very useful and saved me many trips to the documentation. Now it just says “no suggestions” even when I type half of a fully valid component tag or attribute. I am wondering if there is something obvious to reset this or configuration reason why this might not be working any more?

#616665 Reply

Brian Fernandes

It should continue to work this way. Can you go to Help > CodeMix Extensions and ensure you have the Vue Pack, or at least the Vetur extension installed and enabled? What version of the Vetur extension do you have?

To ensure we understand exactly what you’re talking about, mind sharing a small snippet of the code where the auto-complete isn’t working? Would like to know if you’re using a .vue file or inline Vue for instance.

Thanks!

#616668 Reply

ssadedin3
    Participant

Yep, the Vue Pack is installed and enabled (0.9.3).

I made an example project here, created using the CodeMix project option in Eclipse:

https://gitlab.com/ssadedin/codemix-vuetify-completion

You can see in the README a screenshot of what it’s doing (not completing the vuetify tags).

Let me know anything else that would be useful!

#616671 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thanks for the detailed example, thought I was looking at an OSS project for a bit 🙂

I’m not a Vue expert, but isn’t v-text an attribute/Vue directive and not an element? You would use it like so: <span v-text="msg"></span> for which you do get suggestions.

#616676 Reply

ssadedin3
    Participant

No, it should complete to the <v-text-field> component. As in, this one:

https://vuetifyjs.com/en/components/text-fields

I’m pretty sure it used to work once!

#616677 Reply

ssadedin3
    Participant

Ok – update!

I uninstalled and re-installed the Vue Pack and now the autocompletions are back.

I guess I should have tried that – not sure what the problem was, it’s been not working for a while.

Thanks for the followup, hopefully it help someone else.

#616826 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Glad that worked, and thank you for getting back to us.

It’s not clear with the re-install fixed it, there does appear to be some issue with this capability in some cases, we’re looking into it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: CodeMix / VueJS not offering auto-complete within template

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in