facebook

Mobi One – Bye Bye

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author

EmilioZorzi
    Participant

My agency has 28 published in IOS and Android app built with M1.
    Two other in construction for work of 6 months.
    This is an economic loss for a lot of money!
    I think I am not alone in this condition.
    I hope in your professional integrity, otherwise I propose to unite all developers M1 and ask you the damage.

#352059 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

zorziemilio,

Thanks for jumping in with additional context. Yes, we will be working to make sure you can continue to use MobiOne and still build your projects going forward. That said, if you have concerns over the coming weeks, please don’t hesitate to raise them and we’ll make sure you understand clearly how to continue working effectively.

Tim

#352060 Reply

EmilioZorzi
    Participant

One important thing:
    we continue to work with MobiOne for our new projects?
    Or is it unnecessary work? Or we wait?
    I have people in the office to pay!

#352061 Reply

I just wanted to chime in here. The end of life does not mean the software will quit working. You will be able to continue to create your apps and update your apps using the Mobione software (with the understanding that the software will remain as is). The only thing that will have to change is how you build your apps for the app store. This is what we are trying to make easier with the use of MyEclipse, to kind of link the two so you can design in M1 and then jump into ME to build the app. At the moment we have a couple issues we are trying to figure out to make it as smooth as possible. I will post updates when possible.

#352066 Reply

AdamRogan

thanks brandon,
    thats ok then, i think!
    So? will mobione still generate a www folder? If so that will be great.
    then im guessing you can transfer project to eclipse or another program to build native app?
    Can you let let me know if that feature will still work.
    Please Thanks.

#352071 Reply

EmilioZorzi
    Participant

Hello Brandon,
    we had understood this, but the problem is a program that is not updated with new features.
    I do not understand why abandon a program unique in the world.
    If it is an economic problem, just charge an annual fee.
    I hope you will think back and resume working on getting bigger and bigger M1.
    Does anyone know programs that do a similar job in M1?

#352072 Reply

RichardOne

They just don’t get (although I think they do)

As a gesture of good faith to all paid users; refund our money or allow existing users to have a 60/90 day key to allow us to familiarise ourselves with the functionality.

Finalise MyEclipse,
    Video Tutorials,
    Working App Tutorials etc,
    Demos,

One last thing :

Think about non programmer users who are trying to LEARN how to build apps and not assume we all KNOW technical approaches to building apps.

Invest in this approach and you will reap the dividends later

I would have been happy to have paid £100 a year for ongoing development if I knew the support and ongoing development was there.

#352073 Reply

TheThirdMan

How about just being able to open .mobi files in MyEclypse?!

#352075 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

we will be unable to re-architecture MobiOne to support Cordova 3.5.1 as now required by the Google Play store

This is the excuse they are using for ending M1 although I do not know the details of why this is. If it is true then no amount of money is going to fix it. I still don’t think we are being told the full truth.

#352076 Reply

TheThirdMan

You just need a Management Translation ™.

We will be unable [within our shrinking budgets and lack of manpower] to re-architecture [by changing 3 lines of code] MobiOne [in a way that we can make a profit] to support Cordova 3.5.1 as now required by the Google Play store.

#352078 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

Yes I agree, I don’t think enough people are complaining about this, anyone know Tim Webb’s cell phone number?

#352079 Reply

TheThirdMan

No, but a few days ago, Wayne (who’s a Founder and probably has some ownership in the company) tweeted a pic of his business card. His number: see below

Edited by Wayne, please use the following toll free number below to schedule a call:
    I’m out part of next week but will make time. My timezone is central US.

#352080 Reply

So is my eclipse a yearly fee? If so, it won’t be affordable for me.

#352082 Reply

RichardOne

We all know that there is ‘no such thing as a free lunch’ right?

Okay, we are all really PISSED OFF about this and Genuitec and Tim (whoever he is) could have thought this through better. I cannot see any reason why they cannot continue MobiOne given the financial support.

Its Bullsh*t that its all about Google Store, Cordovia etc – such nonsense?

So, lets all agree to be part of the solution – agree to pay an annual licence fee.

That way, ongoing development can continue -win, win

As a side thought – Thanks to Adjog, seen this :

https://software.intel.com/en-us/html5/training

#352083 Reply

ozmen

Mobione alternative

* drag and drop design editor
    * admob
    * full javascript code
    * %100 native out
    * free
    * android + ios
    * back and exit function
    * on – device debugging & emulator
    * android emulator (avd)
    * large api
    * image zoom
    *………

%100 TURKEY
    http://www.smartface.io

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
Reply To: Mobi One – Bye Bye

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in