facebook

Mobi One – Bye Bye

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author

Code_A

Just wish there was a clear, working migration path to port our apps to ME before announcing the death of M1. Going to give the migration to xdk a try instead.

#352195 Reply

RichardOne

Why don’t they simply shut down the forums as clearly, they are not interested?

What gets me, is that so many have actively promoted/marketed MobiOne, made valuable contributions in terms of helping other members, made demos and so much more.

Still looking for an alternative, so far sadly, nothing compares 🙁

#352236 Reply

paulD

The writing has been on the wall for well over a year now. The signs have been there to read. Having worked with software packages for many years i can understand that things move on a packages get discontinued. Its par for the course in the tech world.

For me the most disappointing thing is the underhanded way Genuitec has gone about this. They dam well knew long ago that the product was dead but still sold it right up to this point. I have said this in the past, but the way Genuitec interact and communicate with their user base is just utterly appalling and always has been.

Anyone even considering going over to MyEclipse wants their head looking into quite frankly. There are literally tons of programmers SDK’s out there, better supported with bigger better communities behind them. Because, as Genuitec has failed to realise you will never have a successful software package without a engaged, supported user base.

As for alternatives to Mobione, you are limited. You will have to pay more but there are platforms such as appery.io and the Adobe edge stuff which is very good. Corona is also very good and easy to learn but its not Javascript based.

Just like to take the opportunity to say thanks to those guys who have helped me over the last couple of years, cincyplanet, stickeback, 1thinchip and many others. Also to The support staff here at the forum.

See you around (but not using a Genuitec product) 🙂

Paul

#352237 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

Well said Paul, you are absolutely right. Nevertheless I will give ME15 a go when it comes out, at least I’ll get the first year free.

#352469 Reply

dm-concept

Hi,
    A X-man or other utilisatieur of XDK. I imported my MobiOne XDK application, everything is good except the format for the iPhone in the emulator, I have a large white stripe down too? How to remove it? Damage to MobiOne is not professional to stop the service … !!! good luck

#352470 Reply

TheThirdMan

Intel thinks it’s a Cordova issue. No one knows.

https://forums.html5dev-software.intel.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=7865

#352481 Reply

InnovationsNI
    Participant

Is there any news on MB1 migration strategies? Maybe I have missed the announcement, but it is now a few weeks since these were mentioned. While MB1 users have to live with the product’s end, surely it is not to much to ask that they be provided with a migration path for their apps, and soon.mk

#352482 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

Support say they may have it finalised this week sometime.

#352488 Reply

RichardOne

Don’t hold your breath! 😉

#352518 Reply

Muhammad

Try to move to Intel XDK is not bad.
    Also try to convert the old apps under M1 to XDK.

#352563 Reply

TheThirdMan

So much for finishing this this week. This is the big problem with Mr. Webb’s organization. It’s totally virtual, so we have to wait for you to roll out of bed to get working.

#352565 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

@xx-man
    Did you ever sort out the problem with white space on the XDK or is it terminal. Why does it not happen with Android?

#352566 Reply

TheThirdMan

Nope. I’m really at the end of using HTML5. I’m going to invest in a Mac laptop and be done with the 2nd class citizen Cordova nonsense.

#352582 Reply

AdamRogan

yep, got out my Mac the day of mobione announcing the end, and decided it was finally time to make the switch from html,
    Xcode 6 and the new apple swift language is pretty easy to learn,
    heaps of documentation and tutorials around the web,
    also can download lots of sample projects from Github dot com.

Also for compiling html apps you can use cocoon.js , they compile for iOS and android , though it only creates the native project file then you need Xcode or eclipse to make ipa or apk but you need a mac to upload to store,
    they have free plan and a paid, you just have to sign up, i haven’t used for android , iOS is good,
    it generates a Xcode project file and you can open in Xcode test it, then if your happy upload to store,
    thats another option.
    Also you can buy iOS Xcode project templates these days, from $10 to $20 bucks from sites like codecanyon,
    change some details graphics etc, and your done, also good for looking through how they code and how it works,
    Just my 2 cents worth,
    anyway i have three new apps waiting for approval from apple that i built in Xcode, so I’m a happy chappy,
    anyway cheers and good luck to all,

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
Reply To: Mobi One – Bye Bye

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in