facebook

Package Expl./Outline light gray on white bg for changed files.

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

vulstar
    Participant

While running eclipse IDE for java Photon Release (4.8.0),
    I am getting the issues as shown in the screenshot, light gray tekst with a white background in the package explorer and outline which is hard to read on my monitor and anyoing to the eyes, which i’d like to change to a darker and more readable colour, or disable the highlighting somewhere since i could live more withouth it than like this.

I feel it has something to do with the synchronize window highlighting changed folders or something like that. I try’d to remove devStyle and install it again, which seemed to work once until i closed eclipse and started it up again the next day. I have also try’d force colors checkbox on, but this also doesn’t change anything.

I am using Git which is probably tracking the file changes possibly responsible for the color changes by the way.

#Update:

Aah stupid me, i was looking for svn instead of the git color and font changes/highlighting. If someone else ever comes with the same question check out Preferences -> Colors and Fonts -> Git

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #596891 Reply

support-swapna

vulstar,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the screenshot.
    We already had couple of users report similar problem for changed folders under Git version control. They also reported that a File > Restart fixed the problem for them. The dev team is looking into it and we will let you know when the fix is out.

Can you please also clarify if the same problem persists in Eclipse Dark theme as well? Please switch the theme to ‘Dark’ from here : Window > Preferences > General > Appearance.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#596912 Reply

vulstar
    Participant

Hey Swapna,

For me the problem is also there when i restore the color settings to default and then restart eclipse with the Dark theme.

#596928 Reply

phill-nacelli
    Participant

Can you please also clarify if the same problem persists in Eclipse Dark theme as well?

Can confirm, I’m seeing the same issue (Dark Theme) as well on first load. Like others reported, it goes away on restart.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by phill-nacelli.
    #597075 Reply

support-swapna

It looks like the styling preferences are being overridden due to Oomph.
    Please go to Window > Preferences > General > Appearance > Colors and Fonts preferences page, expand Git and confirm it has good colors for Uncommitted Changes (Foreground and background). If no, then please click Edit and set a good color. Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #599577 Reply

matryp
    Participant

I had the same problem in Eclipse 4.8 (Photon) for Java developers. The workaround swapna proposed worked for me in that version.
    The issue seems to be fixed in Eclipse 4.9 (2018-09). I am using it for a day now without any theme (or icon) problems.

#599612 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting us know that the problem seems to be fixed in the latest eclipse release.

#600290 Reply

liripiri
    Participant

Hello, I am using 2018-09 Eclipse and I am almost every day seeing this issue. So it is not always but most of the times I launch Eclipse that this happens..

#600291 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

lirpiri,

I’m sorry you’re seeing problems with the theme. As this problem has shifted a little over the various replies, could you please provide details of the problem, a screenshot and whether you’ve tried the workaround mentioned above? Also, please provide details of your OS and the version of DevStyle that you are running with. Attaching the error log found at .metadata/.log under your workspace folder would also help us.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Package Expl./Outline light gray on white bg for changed files.

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in