facebook

Codemix keeps Disconnecting

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

wblair
    Participant

Hi. I am currently using Codemix evaluation in vanilla eclipse oxygen 3. I currently like what I see and am leaning towards a commercial developer license however CodeMix keeps disconnecting perhaps twice a day and this is causing development slowdown which is a reason we are evaluating codemix (to help speed up dev).

One big issue is that once codemix disconnects there is no where i can go to reconnect. Its just dead and eclipse requires restart.

Env
    Windows 10
    eclipse oxygen with codemix installed
    Always connected to internet.

Has anyone experienced this / solved this issue.

thanks
    wiL

#589041 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Curious timing! We were just chatting about Engine reliability — while we see almost no crashes on our side, we have had one other user who is familiar with the red-disconnected icon, certainly not something we’d like anyone to become familiar with! We had already discussed having the engine automatically try to restart with an progressive backoff algorithm, however, if you are seeing your engine crash that frequently, we’d love it if we can try to get some information from you.

Our lead guy focused on engine reliability has just left for the day (based in Europe) but I know he is keenly interested in understanding specifics. Tomorrow we can give you a replacement plugin to drop into your install that will support automatic restart but more importantly put entries in your Error Log so that you can check if the process crash has key information that may help us avoid the crash in the first place.

We’ll be in touch and thanks for reporting this!

#589042 Reply

wblair
    Participant

No problem. I have no problem assisting with the debug process if it helps resolve this problem. We all know how fun getting data to track down an elusive bug can be.

#589437 Reply

wblair
    Participant

Hi Tim,

Any new information on this yet? My existing trial license is going to expire soon so i would like to try and get this resolved.

thanks
    wiL

#589513 Reply

Aaron Lara

Thanks for circling back wiL,

First off, we’ve made a prerelease build that adds automatic restart of the Engine, which should greatly improve your experience. CodeMix was already designed to reconnect editors automatically. In addition, some new information may appear in the Error Log depending on the type of error you hit. If you can update to this build, and please confirm that if both the Engine is restarted automatically for you and see if you see any notices in the Error Log. We are continuing to add more in this space though I know you are interested to make headway so sharing now…

Pre-release is now available:

To use the preview release, follow these steps:

1. Add the following line to Eclipse/configuration/config.ini
      com.genuitec.code.manifest.url=http\://www.genuitec.com/updates/codemix/prerelease/codemix.json
    2. Restart Eclipse
    3. An update will be detected as shown bottom left — when the update is applied, click the Restart icon to reload Eclipse with the prerelease version of CodeMix
    #589640 Reply

wblair
    Participant

Hi Aaron,

I have applied the changes that you have provided and I will post any updates that i find. Its interesting in the comments you have a line item about folder locking. We have been seeing this also during our tests but we had thought it was our instance of node.js holding locks (looks like we were barking up the wrong tree). I will provide any feedback i can and if you want the eclipse log file i can provide that back to you if we see this problem reoccur.

thanks
    wiL

#590158 Reply

wblair
    Participant

Hi Aaron.

I have applied the updates and so far everything looks stable, i had it attempt to reconnect today(seems to work as i didn’t have to restart eclipse) and i have the error log from eclipse if you would like it i have attached it.

wiL

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Codemix keeps Disconnecting

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in