facebook

Proper Upgrade / Installation of MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 101 total)
  • Author

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Please see the Announcement for the version you’re interested in at:
    http://myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewforum-f-2.html

#196946 Reply

My PC is a from, tody in a new Domain. So i cant start eclipse anymore.

What should i do

#196947 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

That really shouldn’t make any difference. Do you have network connectivity? Does your browser work? What symptoms are you seeing?

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196949 Reply

sorry for my replay i have found that the java enviroment was shacked 😀

kind regards

rainer

#196950 Reply

Hi all,

i have tested the war deployment for tomcat 4 but it didnt work. I cant find a war -file in the webapps directory. what wrong. i´m using tomcat 4.1.18

could you help me

#196953 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

i have tested the war deployment for tomcat 4 but it didnt work.

With a bit more detail, I can give you a hand. First, what versions of all software are you using (Eclipse, MyEclipse, JDK)?

What exact steps did you execute to deploy the application? What does your directory structure look like? Did you create the project with one of our wizards or convert an existing project?

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196990 Reply

HIi Scott,

the following Version i have installed:

Eclipse 2.1.1 , MyEclipse 2.5 GA, j2sdk1.4.1_02.

After the successfully installation i have created a new WEB_project with
    your wizard. The structure of my project is.

c:/eclipse/workspace/ProjcetName
    ./src
    ./webapp
    ./webapp/WEB-INF

in the src dir are some beans an in the webapp all jsp Files. All will compile
    successfully. After the creation process a try to deploy it with a the myeclipse “add and remove project deployments”. In the “Project Deploy” Dialog i have selected the project i want to deploy. After that i push the add button. it shows me a second dialog. in this dialog i´m selecting the Tomcat 4 Server. The two radio buttons allows to switch between to diferent deploy option. The exploded archive deployment work fine but the war deployment didnt create a war file. Could it be that it is copied to a other location. if i push the “finish” button i can see some action at the bottom of the dialog.

i hope that are enough details.

kind reagrds

— Rainer Drexler
    http://www.transflow.com

#197004 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Rainer,

Part of the problem may simply be a little bit of confusion. While you can choose to deploy as either exploded or archive, you may not choose to deploy as both, simultaneously, since this would cause a conflict at the context root.

The war file should be created in the Tomcat webapps directory, just like the exploded directory. When you test again, please be sure that you fully undeploy the exploded archive before you deploy the war.

Please post back if you’re still noticing the same behavior and we’ll dig deeper into it.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197013 Reply

Hi scott,

i have redpoled all deleted all file under webapps. But i havew the same behavior. I think that this problem is because the projekt was created with
    the old Version of MyEclipse (EA2) 2.1.1.

I have testet with a new Project and it works fine.

kind regards rainer

#197016 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Rainer,

The problem may be that the project was created with the early adopters release, but it really shouldn’t be. We took great pains to make sure that all existing projects would work properly, including delaying the GA release to work out issues. It’s unfortunate that we might still have a small glitch in the project upgrade procedure, but I’m glad you got to the bottom of it and are now running effectively.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197177 Reply

I downloaded the trial 1 week before the release of 2.5, and noticed it wouldn’t work with Eclipse 2.1.1. I waited for the 2.5 release and installed it this week. At first I didn’t uninstall the previous version. Then I followed all the steps mentioned above.

When I start eclipse it hangs during the splash screen and never proceed. After sometime, the splash screen will simply go away.

I’m using jdk 1.4.1_01-b01 on a Windows XP box.

Any help would be appreciated…

Mauro

#197181 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Mauro,

You’ll need to run both product uninstallers. Then, I’d suggest that you download a clean version of Eclipse 2.1.1 using the link on our downloads page and install MyEclipse with that.

Reinstalling on an installed configuration can mess things up because it may think there are two instances of MyEclipse installed.

Starting “fresh” is the quickest way out.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197223 Reply

dombat

>If you have installed v2.5.0, you can get the updated content using the Eclipse update manager from the Install / Update perspective

What is the URL ?

#197225 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

The product knows the url. The procedure is detailed in the upgrade FAQ at:
    http://myeclipseide.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=5&categories=Installation+and+Updates&parent_id=4#15

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197242 Reply

nagsen

I got following error.

I am using JDK 1.4.0 and eclipse 2.1.1 and recent Myelcipse GA 2.5

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.launcher 4 0 Jul 28, 2003 11:27:25.286
    !MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
    !STACK
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/swt/widgets/Decorations
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.createExecutableExtension(PluginDescriptor.java:138)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.createExecutableExtension(PluginDescriptor.java:167)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:103)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.loaderGetRunnable(InternalPlatform.java:578)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.getRunnable(InternalBootLoader.java:471)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:854)
    at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:291)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:747)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:583)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 101 total)
Reply To: Proper Upgrade / Installation of MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in