facebook

Proper Upgrade / Installation of MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 101 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

Claus,
    There are two downloads for MyEclipse. One download for Eclipse 2.1.x and one download for Eclipse 3.x. On the respective download pages, in red, it is clear which version of MyEclipse the installer is suited for. If you are using Eclipse 3.0M6, you NEED to download the MyEclipse 3.7RC2 installer which is currently under the “Registered Members” area, which you should have access to because you mentioned you paid for it.

With the 3.7GA release (~1 week away from release), there will no longer be necessity to be a subscribing member to download it. Both the 2.x GA series and 3.x GA series of MyEclipse (after the .7 release) will be available for free trial download to everyone.

The 3.7 GA release that is due out will require Eclipse M7.

#205070 Reply

I got this:

!SESSION ———————————————————————-
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.launcher 4 0 Mar 21, 2004 01:39:36.91
    !MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
    !STACK
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:291)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:747)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:583)
    Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:861)
    at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)
    … 7 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassFormatError: org/eclipse/swt/widgets/Tree (Illegal UTF8 string in constant pool)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingURLClassLoader.findClass(DelegatingURLClassLoader.java:922)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginClassLoader.internalFindClassParentsSelf(PluginClassLoader.java:166)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingURLClassLoader.findClassParentsSelf(DelegatingURLClassLoader.java:490)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingURLClassLoader.loadClass(DelegatingURLClassLoader.java:882)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingURLClassLoader.loadClass(DelegatingURLClassLoader.java:862)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DropTarget.<init>(DropTarget.java:150)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ShortcutBarPart.initDragAndDrop(ShortcutBarPart.java:189)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ShortcutBarPart.<init>(ShortcutBarPart.java:171)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.createShortcutBar(WorkbenchWindow.java:626)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.configureShell(WorkbenchWindow.java:582)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.createShell(Window.java:350)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:301)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.openFirstTimeWindow(Workbench.java:1068)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:874)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:1373)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:858)
    … 8 more

#205071 Reply

Riyad Kalla

klaas,
    We will need more detail from you to help you out. You got that stack trace from what? What version of Eclipse are you using? What version of MyEclipse? What JDK version are you using? What OS are you on? How did you install MyEclipse?

#205584 Reply

b0rg

Hi,

I’ve just noticed that Eclipse 2.1.3 is out, and MyEclipse 2.7.1 too. Now I’ve updated ME online. Because I’m in the middle of very pressing work, I’d like to update Eclipse 2.1.3 too, because the fixes list is not too short, BUT without reinstalling Eclipse or MyEclipse. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,
    Victor

#205598 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Victor,
    Please backup your Eclipse workspace and install dir before you do this, but you MIGHT be able to just unzip 2.1.3 ontop of your previous 2.1 version and have everything work. You might need to erase the .config directory to clear any plugin caches, but I think it should still work fine.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE NOT DONE THIS AND DON’T KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN.

Otherwise you will have to export your settings from your existing Eclipse to the new one, where you import them.

#205637 Reply

b0rg

Hmmm.. thanks for the warning 😉
    Anyone else who tried a online update?

#205638 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Victor,
    I hadn’t realized you were asking about the Online Update, I kind of assumed you were asking about a reinstall (my mistake). I’ve upgraded multiple times using Online Update and it worked fine. (both Eclipse and MyEclipse).

#205652 Reply

b0rg

Thanks Riyad,
    I’ve read just now your reply, it coincides with my “very fresh” experience: I’ve let the online update run over night for Eclipse, and it went fine and ok.
    Before, I was irritated by the yellow exclamation marks in the update manager, telling that some ME features load before E features. But it was ok.

Thanks again,
    Victor

#205653 Reply

Hi,
    this is maybe a silly question, but what is the update site for Eclipse ???

Thanks,
    Les.

#205655 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Les,
    If you are asking so you can add it to the update manager, I think its mandatorily included in the update manager. I just double checked my Update manager and don’t see a URL anywhere for Eclipse, but it definately checks the Eclipse site when I check for new updates.

If you were asking for another reason, then I don’t know. I wasn’t able to find the URL in the update manager.

#205657 Reply

b0rg

You don’t have to enter any update url, as soon it’s installed, the ME component knows it’s url by itself.

#205660 Reply

Ok, Thanks a lot guys

#205817 Reply

Wayne Kidd

My system does not know the URL. What is it.

@scott wrote:

The product knows the url. The procedure is detailed in the upgrade FAQ at:
    http://myeclipseide.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=5&categories=Installation+and+Updates&parent_id=4#15

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#205820 Reply

Riyad Kalla

wk5657,
    That might suggest that there is either an install problem with MyEclipse, or there may be no updates available OR your current update settings are too strick so you aren’t seeing the 2.7.x series upgrades because you are running a 2.6.x series product?

Please see here on how to loosen the restriction: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/update-site-search-doesn-t-list-2-7-0ga-closed/

If that doesn’t work, can you explain your problem in more detail so we can help?

#207189 Reply

If I try to download the latest Beta using the Search for Upgrades, it is not displayed. I am using the latest 2.7 Release.

Whats wrong here?

Best Regards,
    Thomas

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 101 total)
Reply To: Proper Upgrade / Installation of MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in