facebook

Proper Upgrade / Installation of MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

Well, in that case I put in a kind but strong request to make MyEclipse install using JRockit and run on JRockit, as JRockit is faster and more stable than Sun’s JVM.

This is arguable. There was quite a long thread on JavaLobby a few months back comparing JRockit to Sun’s VM in *server* mode, and they were quite comparable.

#250567 Reply

RAMILIJAONA

Hi,
    I tried to install a trial version of MyEclipse and after clicking to the Installer.exe, It can not install the product.
    There was a microsoft visual C++ library box telling me: assertion failed, Expression: pos <=
    JIT must be enabled
    please help me I can not install MyEclipse
    thanks

#250568 Reply

RAMILIJAONA

Hi,
    I tried to install a trial version of MyEclipse and after clicking to the Installer.exe, It can not install the product.
    There was a microsoft visual C++ library box telling me: assertion failed, Expression: pos <=
    JIT must be enabled
    please help me I can not install MyEclipse
    thanks

#250575 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Please download the Manual Install instead. The instructions are included inside the archive.

#253591 Reply

sumeet_1000

hi ,
    i m new user . i want to configure and want to set enviorment for web services with eclipse and weblogic …sp lease tell all process how i configure eclipse with weblogic for web services.

sumeet
    software engineer,
    HCL Technologies

#254836 Reply

I have installed Eclipse 3.2. I ran MyEclipseEnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_5.0M2_E3.2.exe. A dialog immediately came up and said “Please select another location to extract installer to:” I chose a new empty directory. The dialog stayed the installation went nowhere. I then uninstalled all previous versions of MyEclipse. I ran eclipse.exe -clean. I am running on Windows XP Home Edition 2002 servic pack 2 and have 45 gig of disk space free. I have had no problem installing previous version of MyEclipse(last one was 4.1M2 for eclipse 3.1)

#254837 Reply

Forget it – I see my download of MyEclipseEnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_5.0M2_E3.2.exe was of different size than on the website … Was a bad download. My latest dowmnload is in progress and seems to be working fine ….

#255145 Reply

JohnSimpson

This message has not been recovered.

#255199 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This message has not been recovered.

#256331 Reply

alinoor00

While unpacking, the installer at 99% ask to choose another directory to extract. and keeps on doing that. if the exe file from the extracted folder is run manually installation completes but finishes with error.
    i tried to unpack the installer with WinRar but while extracting it gave the CRC error like this
    “! D:\EcandMyEC\Myeclipse5\MyEclipseEnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_5.0GA_E3.2.exe: CRC failed in InstallerData\Disk1\InstData\Resource1.zip. The file is corrupt

kindly help me out with this problem

#256334 Reply

Riyad Kalla

You need to redownload the installer, it is corrupt.

#256803 Reply

harryajh

using eclipse 3.2.0, ME 5.0 M2 on win 2000 sp4

Downloaded ME 5.0 GA as Eclipse updates didn’t find it – do I have to uninstall & install the new version or can I do some sort of upgrade?

On a completely different note : I may not be able to use ME (going in to office & no idea what they’re using yet!), when my 12 months license expires (in about Jan) is there anyway I can keep using the version I’m using then WITHOUT having to pay again for another year that I’m unlikely to use it (will be using it for testing things though!) – wouldn’t obvioulsly expect any support but hopefully I can still use what I’ve got?

thanks

harry

#256826 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Harry,
    The reason you cannot readily upgrade from 5.0 M2 (version 4.9.200) to 5.0 GA (5.0.0) is that the Eclipse updater won’t allow major version updates to be done automatically, because it assumes major API breakages and requires manual intervension, so yes you will need to uninstall M2 and install 5.0 GA.

Also, no you won’t be able to use MyEclipse if you subscription expires, your subscription is tied to you, not the version of MyEclipse. The upshot is that you get updates for free no matter what we release, the downside is that you don’t have a version to ‘keep’ necessarily.

You could talk everyone at work into ME though 🙂

#262671 Reply

diakula

Hello, I installed MyEclipse 5.1.0 GA. When I attempt to do anything I get exceptions in my Eclipse 3.2.1 error log:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/wst/sse/ui/internal/reconcile/validator/ValidationHelper
    at com.genuitec.myeclipse.ui.action.ExcludeFromValidationActionDelegate.isEnabled(ExcludeFromValidationActionDelegate.java:212)
    at com.genuitec.myeclipse.ui.action.ExcludeFromValidationActionDelegate.selectionChanged(ExcludeFromValidationActionDelegate.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.refreshEnablement(PluginAction.java:208)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.selectionChanged(PluginAction.java:280)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ObjectActionContributor.contributeObjectActions(ObjectActionContributor.java:144)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ObjectActionContributorManager.contributeObjectActions(ObjectActionContributorManager.java:96)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PopupMenuExtender.addObjectActions(PopupMenuExtender.java:253)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PopupMenuExtender.menuAboutToShow(PopupMenuExtender.java:315)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.fireAboutToShow(MenuManager.java:289)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.handleAboutToShow(MenuManager.java:395)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.access$1(MenuManager.java:391)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager$2.menuShown(MenuManager.java:417)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:117)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:928)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:952)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:933)

I did the windows plugin installation over an existing Eclipse 3.2.1.

#262672 Reply

diakula

AND I restarted Eclipse.

@diakula wrote:

Hello, I installed MyEclipse 5.1.0 GA. When I attempt to do anything I get exceptions in my Eclipse 3.2.1 error log:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/wst/sse/ui/internal/reconcile/validator/ValidationHelper
    at com.genuitec.myeclipse.ui.action.ExcludeFromValidationActionDelegate.isEnabled(ExcludeFromValidationActionDelegate.java:212)
    at com.genuitec.myeclipse.ui.action.ExcludeFromValidationActionDelegate.selectionChanged(ExcludeFromValidationActionDelegate.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.refreshEnablement(PluginAction.java:208)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.selectionChanged(PluginAction.java:280)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ObjectActionContributor.contributeObjectActions(ObjectActionContributor.java:144)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ObjectActionContributorManager.contributeObjectActions(ObjectActionContributorManager.java:96)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PopupMenuExtender.addObjectActions(PopupMenuExtender.java:253)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PopupMenuExtender.menuAboutToShow(PopupMenuExtender.java:315)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.fireAboutToShow(MenuManager.java:289)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.handleAboutToShow(MenuManager.java:395)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.access$1(MenuManager.java:391)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager$2.menuShown(MenuManager.java:417)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:117)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:928)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:952)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:933)

I did the windows plugin installation over an existing Eclipse 3.2.1.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
Reply To: Proper Upgrade / Installation of MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in