facebook

Proper Upgrade / Installation of MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 11 posts - 91 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

diakula,
    There was an issue with the first day of our release (we had forgotten to increment one of the plugin versions) so Eclipse ended up loading the wrong copy of the plugin which is what you are seeing.

The fastest way to work around this is to download and use our All-In-One installer to a brand new directory, then reopen your existing workspace with it. This will require installing any additional plugins that are necessary (NOTE: We ship a good portion of Callisto and WTP under MyEclipse, so you likely won’t need to re-add those specifically but other things like subclipse need to be reinstalled).

Alternatively, if you upgraded from an older MyEclipse install, you can go to Help > Software Updates > Manage Configuration, and disable the 5.1 upgrade, rolling back to the previous version. Then re-run the update manager and it will pickup the updated plugin and reapply the entire 5.1 upgrade. Although if you didn’t upgrade from a previous version, the easiest thing to do is going to be using the All-In-One installer.

We appologize for this headache. If you have trouble upgrading or need to try something else let me know and I can see if I can help.

#262680 Reply

diakula

I have a highly customized Eclipse, it would take me time to configure a new copy which I do not want to invest.

When do you expect that you will have a fixed plugin installation on the download site?

I want to evaluate myEclipse for use in our team.

Cheers.

#262681 Reply

diakula

By customized I meant many plugins, patches, as well as other settings.

@diakula wrote:

I have a highly customized Eclipse, it would take me time to configure a new copy which I do not want to invest.

When do you expect that you will have a fixed plugin installation on the download site?

I want to evaluate myEclipse for use in our team.

Cheers.

#262682 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmm ok then there are other ways to get this working. The basic issue here is that we use very slightly modified versions of the WST and JST plugins from WTP to support our new Validation Exclusion mechanism. When we first launched the 5.1 release, we forgot to increment those plugin versions, so for folks that had portions of WTP installed, when they installed 5.1, Eclipse was loading the default WST and JST plugins, not the modified MyEclipse versions so MyEclipse was breaking in this fashion.

We issues an update of the feature over the update manager with the bumped version for those plugins that fixed the issue for everyone that upgrdaded using the update manager. For folks that were doing clean installs it wasn’t a problem.

For folks that had customized versions of Eclipse (like you) with parts of WTP installed, a few of our users found that they had to go into the Manage Configuration dialog, and disable the WST/JST plugins from the WTP/Callisto install to allow the MyEclipse versions to load, and the problem was resolved.

I’ve seen quite a few different solutions to the problem but there isn’t one that works 100% of the time that’s why I tried to outline what the real issue was incase you might know of a way (in your particular setup) how to achieve the result faster.

Let me know if that helped at all.

#263827 Reply

Disabling the JST and WST plugins fixed this problem for me. I was only seeing exceptions when I tried to access the context menu in Java editor pane.

#265376 Reply

reinsle

HY forum,

i have the same Problem, using MyEclipseIde with Eclipse WST Plugins. Disabling the WST-Plugins is for me no good Ibea because we develope an J2EE Project using WST/Server to start our Application-Server. Using MyEclipseIde’s WST-Plugins don’t let me start the App-Server like WST/Server. Im in an Team, but the other don’t use MyEclipseIde. So it’s n good Idea to start the Appl-Server with MyEclipseIde.

Do you have an Solution for this Problem?

Thanks

#265394 Reply

Riyad Kalla

reinsle,
    Not at this time, but I’m passing this information along.

#267452 Reply

portai

@support-rkalla wrote:

reinsle,
    Not at this time, but I’m passing this information along.

I have installed on my machine the latest updates from MyEclipse:
    =======================================================
    *** Date:
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:58:29 AM CDT

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1
    Java version=1.5.0_10

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 5.1.1 GA
    Build id: 20070302-5.1.1-GA

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 5.1.1 GA
    Build id: 20070302-5.1.1-GA

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.2.2.r322_v20070119-RQghndJN8IM0MsK
    Build id: M20070212-1330

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.2.2.r322_v20070104-R4CR0Znkvtfjv9-

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.2.1.r321_v20060823-6vYLLdQ3Nk8DrFG

Eclipse Project SDK

Version: 3.2.2.r322_v20070104-dCGKm0Ln38lm-8s

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.2.2.r322_v20070104-8pcviKVqd8J7C1U

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework

Version: 3.2.2.v20070208
    Build id: 20070208-1315

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -launcher
    C:\eclipse\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    -showsplash
    -exitdata
    aa4_80
    -product
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide
    -vm
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe

====================================
    As it was set up from the time i installed my first version of MyEclipse (a long time ago!) I have the “Automatic Updates” set to look for updates each time the platform is started….
    It worked for me very well and relatively fast until the latest update…
    It takes now a long-long time to complete the search for updates…
    Is it my local problem or it might be some kind of a bug?
    Thank you!

#267453 Reply

Riyad Kalla

It worked for me very well and relatively fast until the latest update…
    It takes now a long-long time to complete the search for updates…
    Is it my local problem or it might be some kind of a bug?

It’s hard to say, if you are searching the Callisto Discovery Site, that *does* take a long time because there are so many projects under that site now. You may try and search one repository at a time.

#270038 Reply

harryajh

Currently using ME 5.1.0 GA on win 2000 (sp4)

Checking for updates within eclipse 3.2.1 it shows 5.1.1 available (& eclipse 3.2.2 update) – never sure whether or not it’s safe to just install from here or have to create a new installation – can I do the update within eclipse?

thanks

harry

#270048 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Harry,
    Yes you can do that update. I would point out that our 5.5 release is due out by the end of the day today though, so you might want to hold off and just download the new All In One installer for it and install it into a new directory instead.

Viewing 11 posts - 91 through 101 (of 101 total)
Reply To: Proper Upgrade / Installation of MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in